An important aspect of social media and the interconnected market, is the importance of your brand equity.
Brand equity is a vital business asset and attaches most publicly to your trade marks.
Registering your trade marks not only helps to strengthen your brand but also provides the following advantages:
- Legal rights entitling you to exclusive use of the trade marks for the registered goods and or services, and a defence against infringement by others;
- Provides a cause of action and remedy against others likely to cause damage to your business through use of deceptively similar trade marks for good and services covered by the registration;
- The trade marks are listed on a public database and deters newcomers from attempting to encroach on your market or pass themselves off as an associated business;
- It is a highly valuable business asset that can be licensed, franchised or sold;
- Is an asset that can be used as security for business loans and funding.
If you would like to know more or need any assistance, feel free to contact us at Antcliffe Scott, we’d be more than happy to help!